Air Quality Assessment
- Ammonia Assessment
- Air Quality Assessment
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Bioaerosol Assessment
- BREEAM Indoor Air Quality
- Dispersion Modelling
- Ecological Air Quality Assessment
- Environmental Permit Applications
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessment
- Indoor Air Quality Testing
- Medium Combustion Plant
- Mineral Sector
- Odour Assessment
The health effects of elevated pollution levels are increasingly recognised as a significant issue throughout the UK. This has led to greater scrutiny of development proposals and refusal of planning or permitting consent on air quality grounds. A comprehensive Air Quality Assessment can therefore make the difference between the success and failure of your project.
Air Quality Assessment Services
Our air quality experts specialise in all aspects of air quality consultancy, including:
- Air Quality Assessments in support of planning applications
- Air Quality Assessments in support of Environmental Permit applications
- Air Quality Reports
- Dispersion Modelling Assessments
- Odour Assessments
- Bioaerosol Risk Assessments
- Air quality monitoring
- Indoor air quality testing
- Dust Assessments
We are also able to provide the following for your project:
- Low Emissions Strategies
- Air Quality Neutral Assessments
- Air Quality Positive Statements.
- Air Quality Damage Costs Assessments
- Local Air Quality Management (LAQM) reporting and Detailed Assessments
- Emissions inventories
- Air quality screening studies
- D1 Stack Height Assessments
- Complaint investigation
- Dust and Odour Management Plans
- Expert witness
Our consultants have many years’ experience supporting a wide variety of schemes, both throughout the UK and internationally. We can use this knowledge to identify the most appropriate solution for your project, developing a bespoke Air Quality Assessment to address your site specific needs. This can include dispersion modelling as well as monitoring, with all services delivered by our in-house team. The approach ensures control of the assessment process throughout the project, as well as safeguarding levels of quality assurance.
Why Undertake Air Quality Assessments?
Air quality affects us all, with different pollutants causing a multitude of health effects. This has been recognised though various legislative acts, which in turn influence both national and local planning policy, as well as industrial permitting regulations. These have lead to a requirement for Air Quality Assessments in support of development proposals in many locations, both urban and rural. As well as focussing on development related impacts, such as dust release during construction or vehicle exhaust emissions during operation, these can also consider how future users of the site may be exposed to high pollution levels.
Redmore Environmental provide a pragmatic approach to air quality consultancy. This ensures the best possible outcome for our clients whilst addressing all necessary legislative and policy requirements. We use a wide variety of analytical techniques to produce multi-faceted assessments to solve your particular problems and have a detailed understanding of the relevant industry guidance, including:
- Environmental Protection UK (EPUK) and the Institute for Air Quality Management (IAQM) ‘Guidance on land-use planning and development control: Planning for air quality’
- IAQM ‘Guidance on the Assessment of Mineral Dust Impacts for Planning’
- IAQM ‘Guidance on the Assessment of Dust from Demolition and Construction’
- Greater London Authority ‘Control of Dust and Emissions Supplementary Planning Guidance’
- Mayor of London ‘London Plan Guidance: Air Quality Positive‘
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) ‘LAQM Technical Guidance LAQM.TG22‘
Atmospheric Emission Experts
Redmore Environmental’s specialist nature guarantees our dedicated team can work with you to produce the most appropriate air quality report for your site. In addition, our understanding of the planning and permitting regimes can help submissions satisfy all requirements first time and avoid costly delays due to lack of information.
We have been involved in diverse projects, from small scale residential sites in dense urban locations through large retail and multi-disciplinary town centre redevelopments to heavy industry and mineral extraction. This knowledge can now be used on your project to provide robust and timely air quality consultancy advice.
Some examples of our successfully delivered projects include:
- Broad Street, Birmingham
- Heathrow Marriot Hotel, London
- Thoresby Colliery, Edwinstowe
- Clifton Business Park, Brighouse
- New Hey Road, Huddersfield
- White City, London
- Station Road, West Drayton
- Magdalen Street, Colchester
- Close Lane, Alsager
- Portland Street, Manchester
- Blackfriars Street, Salford
For further information on how our air quality experts can assist with your project or to request a quote or proposal, please call today or contact us online.