We are currently searching for a Principal Air Quality Consultant to play a significant role in the future development of the business.
Principal Air Quality Consultant: Role Description
You will be joining an expanding consultancy where projects range from single source dispersion studies, through to complex, multi-source industrial emission appraisals and large scale road vehicle exhaust emission modelling. Undertaking air quality and odour assessments, as well as ambient and indoor air quality monitoring campaigns, for land development and industrial compliance, you will be involved in all aspects of project management, client liaison, quality assurance and business growth. You will therefore require excellent communication skills and attention to detail, as well as technical proficiency and commercial acumen.
Ideally you will have at least five years UK consultancy background, though we’d be delighted to hear from more or less experienced members of the air quality community with the drive and determination to succeed within the role.
Our workload requires proficiency in the dispersion modelling of roads and point sources using ADMS, as well as project management and business development skills. As you will be playing a key part in the future of the company, experience of business planning, team building and financial management would be advantageous, though not essential for those with a desire to develop these areas.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can provide both technical and commercial input into the growing air quality business, as well as provide team and project leadership. The role would suit an applicant wanting excellent prospects for rapid career progression, responsibility for both technical and commercial outputs, exposure to a wide range of projects and the opportunity to play a significant role in the future development of the business.
We believe that a positive working environment breeds productivity, meaning that an individual’s needs and opinions are always taken into consideration in order to allow the company to operate at its very best. Being a member of the Redmore team is a partnership which aims to ensure all staff are engaged in the company’s future and can share in the successes it brings.
Principal Air Quality Consultant: Duties
- To act as a key member of staff with significant influence over future company development.
- Provide technical expertise for the company and act as a leader in agreed areas.
- Provide technical training, management and mentoring for junior staff to facilitate development throughout the team.
- Promotion of positive relationships and input into marketing strategies to develop portfolio of clients.
- Provide high quality technical review to ensure quality assurance for final delivery.
- Undertake Air Quality, Dust, Odour and Bioaerosol Assessments.
- Dispersion modelling of roads and industrial emissions.
- Production of Odour and Dust Management Plans.
- Design and management of air quality monitoring campaigns.
- Input into Environmental Permit Applications, BAT Assessments and Abatement Options Appraisals.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
- Responsibility for multiple projects on a personal and team level.
- Production of quotes and tenders.
Principal Air Quality Consultant: Requirements
- Atmospheric science or environmental based degree.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- At least 5-years UK air quality consultancy experience.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for assessment of road vehicle, industrial and dust emissions.
- Membership of relevant professional body (IAQM/IEMA).
- Experience of business development/marketing would be advantageous.
- As we work throughout the UK, a full driving licence is required.
What We Can Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus scheme based on personal and company performance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Fully funded quarterly team social events.
- Opportunity for rapid career progression and personal development.
- Opportunity for tangible input into how the company grows and progresses.
Applying for the Role
If you are interested in applying for the role then please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Alternatively, please do not hesitate to get in touch should you wish to discuss any aspect of the opportunity in further detail.